This is the day.

A sense of urgency.  It's something I desire greatly.  I have been listening to a lot of Christian hip-hop lately, which is odd for me cause honestly I'm kind of a country music guy, and most Christian music just annoys me with it's lack of depth spiritually.  But I ran across some stuff by Lecrae and Tedashii one time while looking for John Piper clips on youtube.  And I was greatly intrigued.  Here was an artist(s) who pounded the gospel song after song.  And not in some soft, warm and fuzzy, type of way.  You can't listen to much of their music (or others, such as Trip Lee) without hearing about the Gospel and the affect it ought to have on my life today.  And it has given me pause to think.  How am I living?  Do I live each day as if it were my last?  Not only my last, but the last of a friend?  Do I really believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven?  If so, why do I deny Him with my actions, why do my words not constantly reflect Him, who He is, and what He has done.  I have fallen, along with most Christians into the pit of being lazy.  Even if I am reading my Bible through in a year, taking classes to gain knowledge, if it's not changing my life then it is a waste of my time.  James says faith without works is dead. Works aren't something you do in heaven.  That means my faith needs to be changing how I live right here, right now.  The Gospel must be the center of my life.  My only boast is Christ and Him crucified.  I may not have tomorrow, and people are facing an eternity in hell, because I am too self conscious and selfish to heed the Word and proclaim the words of Christ both through my words and deeds.  This is a dead faith on display.  It is time to swallow pride, put to death the fleshly nature, understand the importance of the day, and make war on sin.

Comments

Subscribe to the Stopping to Think newsletter:

Popular posts from this blog

A quick thought on Christian thought.

Confederate flags and loving our brother

Why Christians don't understand the same-sex marriage debate-and thus are losing it.