Brief thoughts

The day of death is better than the day of birth
Death is someplace we all arrive - are you ready?

The only way to find your life is to lose it
I take that to mean serving others and abandoning my pursuit of fulfillment is the only way to be fulfilled.

To live is Christ, to die is gain
Jesus has a purpose for me here, a design that I may find life in. But it will never compare to eternity with Him.

Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
They will know we are disciples by our love. We are disciples by virtue of fearing and following God. One way we display that fear of God by honoring those authorities He has ordained.

The Lord is my Shepherd
Nothing can pluck me out of the hand, or the sheepfold, of my loving Shepherd. I can have rock solid trust in my God.

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
God is the transcendent Lord of all creation. He predestines, calls, justifies, and glorifies His children. He ordains not only that we believe in Christ, but that we suffer for His sake. No opposition hinders this.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
We cannot live wisely apart from God. We cannot know God without beginning to see who He is. And any honest look at who He is will have us on our face in fear.

I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me.
Jesus is exclusive. He's the only way. He's also inclusive when he makes clear that He didn't come to call the righteous, but sinners. Jesus wants you. Come to Him.

Comments

Subscribe to the Stopping to Think newsletter:

Popular posts from this blog

A quick thought on Christian thought.

Confederate flags and loving our brother

Why Christians don't understand the same-sex marriage debate-and thus are losing it.