To: Alex

Three years ago I wrote this piece. I thought about just re-posting it today. However, I wanted to mark five years with something different. This won't be long; and it's mostly for me.

You left without much warning.
Like a punch to the kidney,
when life seemed so carefree

So many things I learned from you;
Showed me how to care about others.
Dude, we were like brothers.

Our friendship still puzzles me.
Multitude of differences that might stall
many friendships, made no difference at all.

Five years changes a lot of things:
it won't change this, nor will many more,
that you're missed here, by people galore.

By the way, know that I'll chuckle
when your Blue Devils fall to the Zags.
Sure, Duke's alright: But Few's got this in the bag.

Comments

Subscribe to the Stopping to Think newsletter:

Popular posts from this blog

A quick thought on Christian thought.

Confederate flags and loving our brother

Why Christians don't understand the same-sex marriage debate-and thus are losing it.