Review: Coping with Change: Ecclesiastes

Coping with Change: Ecclesiastes Coping with Change: Ecclesiastes by Walter C. Kaiser Jr.
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kaiser's little commentary on Ecclesiastes is very helpful. I think he nails the structure of the book; the charts for passages such as the beginning of chapter 12 are somewhat helpful, although I wouldn't ever use them for teaching. Sometimes his commitment to literal interpretation misses, in my opinion, the poetic effect that Qoheleth intends. But overall, a helpful read.

View all my reviews

Comments

Subscribe to the Stopping to Think newsletter:

Popular posts from this blog

A quick thought on Christian thought.

Confederate flags and loving our brother

Why Christians don't understand the same-sex marriage debate-and thus are losing it.