Review: The Gospel According to John by D.A. Carson

I previously posted some interaction with a particular part of this commentary here. 


The Gospel According to JohnThe Gospel According to John by D.A. Carson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

DA Carson has been my go-to for the past two years of studying John's gospel. The combination of wise and scholarly interaction with commentators both contemporary and historical, the rich exegetical insights, and the commitment to applying the text as the word of God to the people of God set this commentary apart from the others that I used.


View all my reviews


Comments

Subscribe to the Stopping to Think newsletter:

Popular posts from this blog

A quick thought on Christian thought.

Confederate flags and loving our brother

Why Christians don't understand the same-sex marriage debate-and thus are losing it.