Review: The Weight of Glory

The Weight of Glory The Weight of Glory by C.S. Lewis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A collection of some of Lewis' greatest essays. Many of the quotes you'll see floating around the internet with Lewis' name attached come from this collection. But as wonderful, quotable, and thought-provoking as his sentences can be, Lewis shines in building an argument and making a case in which those same quotes land with significantly greater force. While The Weight of Glory remains one of the finest (or at least most significant) essays I've read, others also stood out as well. Is Theology Poetry?, Membership, and Learning in Wartime were all edifying, challenging, and superb. While I have been culling books of late, I don't foresee any circumstance under which I would remove this volume from my collection.

View all my reviews

Comments

Subscribe to the Stopping to Think newsletter:

Popular posts from this blog

Confederate flags and loving our brother

A quick thought on Christian thought.

Why Christians don't understand the same-sex marriage debate-and thus are losing it.