Am I Important?

Preface: This isn't "writing" per se, this is the first of three posts that will be lesson outlines from the VBS our church is conducting this week. The titles are, Where Did I Come From?, Am I Important, and How Can I Be Okay? My hope in sharing is that if you work with kids, or simply are interested in answering these questions for yourself, you will be edified.


Am I Important?


  • Have you ever felt small and unimportant? 

  • Did you know you are important to God? God cares about little things and little people, because God values all people. 

  • What did we talk about yesterday? Creation

  • Who remembers what the most important part of creation was? People; Gen 1:27, 31. 

  • Gen 2:

    • 7-9, how did God make man?

    • Where did God put him?

    • 15, why did God put him in the garden? Remember how people are supposed to take care of God’s world?

    • 16-17, God gives them a rule. How many rules? 1 rule!

    • What is the rule? Remember that, it’s important.

    • 18-23, God didn’t want Adam to be alone, so what did he do? Made him a wife! Does anyone know her name?

  • When you tell a story, do you like to talk about the boring part or the fun part? The fun part!

  • God spent the first chapter of the Bible telling us how he made everything. Then he spends another chapter telling us how he made one thing. People. 

  • Which part do you think God thinks is the fun part? People!

  • I want to read you a couple of Bible stories that show how much Jesus loves people: 

    • Lk 8:40-56, who did Jesus heal? 

    • John 4:46-54, who did Jesus heal?

    • Mt 19:13-15, who does Jesus love?

  • The Bible tells us (Jn 1:18) that Jesus came to show us what God is like, and Jesus shows us that God has love for all kinds of people. Like you.

  • Big lesson: Who made me? God made me (x3)

    • Who’s the boss? God is!

    • Who loves me? God loves me! (x3)

Comments

Subscribe to the Stopping to Think newsletter:

Popular posts from this blog

A quick thought on Christian thought.

Confederate flags and loving our brother

Why Christians don't understand the same-sex marriage debate-and thus are losing it.