A different perspective.


Originally Posted on Facebook, April 21, 2008 at 1:20am
So, I was sitting in Sunday School today and we were talking about Christ's resurrection, and how having four different accounts is important. And the question came up as to what the reasons are for having multiple accounts. And of course everyone gave the obvious answers. Multiple (non-conflicting) accounts prove to us that the story is true. Different accounts bring different facts to the forefront. Multiple writers give us at least one we can relate to in either a social, economic, or spiritual way. And while all this stuff is good and true, something else stuck out to me, especially as I read the different accounts.

Everyone one of the gospel authors (and for that matter, all the different authors in the Bible) have different writing styles. Which I love. Most days I'm fairly analytical and detail oriented, so I tend to get more from Luke. But there are other days when I'm more emotional, and at those times I seem to get more from John's gospel. And there are other times when I glean more from Matthew or Mark. I guess what I'm trying to get at, is that not only do all the writers have different perspectives, they have different ways of getting those perspectives across. And different people are going to be hit in different ways by that.

It really gives me a great appreciation of God and His amazing love and knowledge of us. He knew beforehand that I was gonna need to see things in a different light one day than the next. And he provides me with all these different "versions" to glean from.

I don't know if that makes any sense, or if it's just gibberish. But it was just one of those cool things about God that I felt like I needed to share.

Comments

Subscribe to the Stopping to Think newsletter:

Popular posts from this blog

A quick thought on Christian thought.

Confederate flags and loving our brother

Why Christians don't understand the same-sex marriage debate-and thus are losing it.