Throwback Thursday: Broken, Limp, Useless

Throwback Thursday is a series of posts, wherein I will on (some) Thursdays post a piece of writing from back in the day. Generally not from this blog. I will edit lightly for readability, but my intention is to allow each piece to stand basically as written. Over the years my mind has shifted on many things, as my knowledge of life, the Scriptures, and myself has grown. I'm not in the business of hiding this fact, so these will probably (at least on occasion) contain some things which even I think are crazy.


Originally Published on Facebook as "It's just what came out."
April 1, 2008 at 1:17am
This is somewhat disjointed, and incoherent, but it's just what came out of me the night we got home from MWSB.

Have you ever wanted something above all else
Spent time, money, energy, and whatever else you had to acquire it
Then thought you had it
Only to be stripped, the result tugging at your soul

Oh God, I lie here broken, limp, useless
Crying out to you for my strength and my every need
Lord, I offer nothing, because I have nothing
I'm powerless on my own, I don't even have the strength to serve you
God, I need it all
Not just strength in serving you, but strength to serve you

Save me, oh Lord
You are the only one who can deliver me from myself
Thank you for being my everything

Matthew 6:33,34- "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about it's own things. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble."

Ecclesiastes 3:1- "To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

Comments

Subscribe to the Stopping to Think newsletter:

Popular posts from this blog

A quick thought on Christian thought.

Confederate flags and loving our brother

Why Christians don't understand the same-sex marriage debate-and thus are losing it.