Review: The Little Way of Ruthie Leming

The Little Way of Ruthie Leming: A Southern Girl, a Small Town, and the Secret of a Good LifeThe Little Way of Ruthie Leming: A Southern Girl, a Small Town, and the Secret of a Good Life by Rod Dreher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Part memoir, part biography of his sister, and most generally a reflection on life in a small town with its benefits and limits. Or, perhaps I should say, the benefits of its limits. I loved this book. While I can't relate to the experiences of major public success in any field, I could certainly connect to the sense of feeling out of place in the place that ought to be "home." I enjoyed Dreher's prodding into the causes and cures of the misplaced-ness. And of course, the story of his sister's life and death is both heart-warming, and heart-breaking.

View all my reviews

Comments

Subscribe to the Stopping to Think newsletter:

Popular posts from this blog

A quick thought on Christian thought.

Confederate flags and loving our brother

Why Christians don't understand the same-sex marriage debate-and thus are losing it.