Review: Shattered Dreams: God's Unexpected Pathway to Joy

Shattered Dreams: God's Unexpected Pathway to Joy Shattered Dreams: God's Unexpected Pathway to Joy by Larry Crabb
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Larry Crabb is never an author I would have picked up if it weren't for being required to read one of his books (The Burden's Off) in a counseling class. I struggled to read that book and did with this as well. His writing style grates on me. That said, this book is well worth reading, because Crabb has hard words for our comfort-seeking, pain-avoiding, dream-chasing, pseudo Christianity. What ought we to most desire? God. But we waste our time chasing lesser things.

View all my reviews

Comments

Subscribe to the Stopping to Think newsletter:

Popular posts from this blog

A quick thought on Christian thought.

Confederate flags and loving our brother

Why Christians don't understand the same-sex marriage debate-and thus are losing it.